Friday, October 05, 2007

further evidence of my wierdness

So a new iteration of this little mocking poem has come into my head occasionally over the last ... 3-6 months.


JaC and CatE, sittin' in a tree ...

then again, apparently this sort of thing happens to other people as well.

I think what makes me wierd is not that I have these thoughts, but that I am willing to admit it.

By the way, "JaC" is NOT to be pronounced like the American "Jack", but rather like the French "Jacques". Just so you know. =)

5 comments:

Helen said...

lol :-)

I expect everyone whose blog doesn't have a name is jealous of us!

Rachel said...

Hmmmm...I must be weird too, because that seems perfectly reasonable to me. BTW, how are you pronouncing CatE? I used to think "Catty" until Helen told me that she thinks of it as "Kate."

When I get nervous, I hum the theme song to "The Tom and Jerry Show" - a cartoon which I haven't even seen in at least 20 years.

Benjamin Ady said...

Oh

Well, I used to say "Cat E", like two separate words almost. But like you, once Helen told me she prefers "Kate", I switched to that. Since it's kind of her baby, if you know what I mean.

What *is* the theme song to Tom and Jerry?

That's totally kewl that you hum it when you are nervous. But a dead giveaway in poker, I guess =)

Rachel said...

Ah, the wonders of the Internet! Here is the Tom & Jerry theme song: http://www.tomandjerryonline.com/sounds/tomjerry1975.wav
I haven't heard that (except inside my head) for years! Good times, good times.

I don't actually remember most of the lyrics, so when I hum it, the words in my head go like this: "hum-hum-hum, hum-hum-hum, hum-hum-hum, hum-hum-hum, It's the Tom and Jerry Show!"

Benjamin, the humming would be the least of my worries if I tried to play poker. I would be a terrible poker player! Whatever the total opposite of a poker face is, that's me.

Benjamin Ady said...

here's the link to the audio for the tom and jerry show theme song