Saturday, July 21, 2007

some notes

Girlikin #1, angry at being told in no uncertain terms to lie down and go to sleep tonite, said to me "I'm ignoring you for the rest of my life!" (She's 5 years old). So I said to her "I'm going to put you on my blog." To which she replied "A video??". "No, just words--what you said just now". Afterwards we laughed rather uproariously as it become rather evident that she couldn't ignore me for even 2 minutes. Is this how god reacts to my (puny) anger--she wants to laugh with me, but I won't laugh, so she just laughs at me? I *can* ignore her for the rest of my life. If she even exists. (See how I'm *not* mentioning her in this blog post?)

My sincere apologies to those of you who find it offensive to refer to god using the female pronoun. I really am doing that on purpose. But thinking of god as female is scriptural. And anyway, doesn't "they" really work better, from the trinitarian perspective?

I used to have the idea in the back of my head that Rudy Gulliani wouldn't be all that bad as a president. But I recently read his 12 committments, and decided that actually, he would be rather bad. Worst was the first one: "I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists' War on us" As if we haven't already offended to a gargantuan enough extent? anyway, he half contradicts himself almost immidiately with #12 "I will expand America's involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world. " so does he mean strengthen our reputation for being offensive? I think not. So what's up with that?

Second worst is #2 "I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation." Megan asked "What does that mean--identify me? Does that mean I'm some sort of threat or something?"

So much for Gilliani. Creepus.

No comments: