Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dry Fish...



Ok, what I don't get about the whole thing with Mr. Foley: Why is it about the republicans, and why does everybody act so shocked? People acting shocked about other people's "sin" (there, I put the word "sin" in a post) always strikes me as being a lot like fish acting like they are shocked because some other fish is wet. Whatever. Same goes for it being about republicans. "Oh my god, look at all those sharks trying to pretend like they are not wet. I'm sure glad we're *really* not wet" --overheard from a school of minnows.
Very strange. Still, if somehow the whole thing contributes to the republicans losing control of congress, well, I guess I'll consider that a good thing. Not because I necessarily thing democrats are so great, but rather because I suspect/hope that with different groups of generally evil people in the two different branches of the government, their opposition to each other *might* lead to a ... slowing down of the general evil.
Actually, nah, I guess that's prolly not gonna happen regardless... I guess Elrond had it right "The road must be trod, but it will be very hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will carry us far upon it. This quest may be attempted by the weak with as much hope as the strong. Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."

No comments: