Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tigers and The Shining Four

On LOGOS II, when I was there, there was this super amazing group of four people who I referred to as The Shining Four. They were two guys, and two girls, and the four of them were very close, and were working through some really intense shit in a way that made them seem, to me, to shine. I got to marry one of them, and two of them married each other. The fourth also married a fellow LOGoid.

Anyway, one of the things that I associate with The Shining Four is an image of them all lying in the main meeting room--just the four of them--listening to this. At rather high volume levels. And singing along. (and they could all sing). I'm not totally sure that this memory is perfect in detail--but it captures them. They were a group of Christians who were willing to face the darkness--a rarity, in my experience. Tigers were a metaphor for them--for that darkness. Been reminded of all this by the recent tiger horror at the San Francisco Zoo. (this 10th anniversary iteration of the musical at royal albert hall will always be my favorite)



The tigers come at night, with their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart, as they turn your dream to shame.

...

I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living.
So different now from what it seemed. Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

If that lives you feeling a bit down, you might try this as a chaser.

No comments: