Thursday, October 02, 2008

HALF BREEd MUSLiN


A fellow in Barefoot Bay, Florida, has put up a homemade sign in his yard that reads: "OBAMA HALF-BREEd MUSLiN"

When you add up the capitalization along with the obsure reference to the cotton material commonly used in sheets and curtains, also called "sheeting', one is left to wonder if the author isn't rather hurting their own cause. Certainly made me chuckle.

I rather suspect anyone reading this blog already knows better. But for the record, Senator Obama is a Christian. Not that I would have any problem with it if he *were* a "Muslin".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benjamin, I always come to your blog with apprehension that whatever you write is going to make me want to gnaw my right arm to the blood and then use that pathetically hanging half-dead limb to tear out my left eye before melting both my feet in an acid bath.

BUT TODAY YOU MADE ME LAUGH! THANK YOU!

*An anonymous admirer*

Megs said...

I think bree cheese is in fact wrapped in muslin.

oh please, please, please, PLEASE win Obama!

I am praying that Obama wins and that you become a Christian ... but I love you very much whatever, and am very lucky to be your bride dearest of hearts!

love Meg

Joe said...

Ha, that is excellent. Can I be a half-bred-cloth-used-for-making-marmalade too?

Ironic that the insult suggests that Obama has mixed racial ancestry and is religious, wouldn't you say? One might think this was rather standard for the world's most religious and most ethnically mixed nation.

Anonymous said...

HOW GOOD IS THIS?!?!?!?!??!
How much do we looooooooove OBAMA!